Effective Date: June 10th, 2020
Lingokids is founded on the principle of improving the world’s access to quality education and we are committed to providing an educational, entertaining, and safe service for kids and parents. We know that you care about how your family’s personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy and safety very seriously.
We inform you that we may include pop-up ads or other advertisements directed at children, but only and exclusively related to Lingokids products and/or services. Without prejudice of the foregoing, Child Users are blocked from accessing external links, which will only be available if an Adult User enters a password or answers a security question.
Table of Contents
- 1. Information We Collect
- 2. How We Use Information
- 3. When We Disclose Information to Third Parties
- 4. Security
- 5. Children’s Privacy
- 6. How to Access, Change, or Delete Account Information
- 7. Links to Other Services
- 8. International Users
- 9. California Specific Terms
- 10. Specific terms for EU users
- 12. Contact Us
We collect information, including Personal Information, when you:
- register with and log in to our website
- use our Services; and
- communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Service.
A. Payment Information. If you make any purchases through our website, we may collect certain information regarding your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code.
B. Using the Services. We collect information that you submit to us through our website. For example, when you post comments, make a purchase, we will collect the information you include in these submissions, including any Personal Information. In addition to the foregoing, if you use certain Services, we may collect and process other Personal Information, such as your image or voice or Child User’s image or voice (specifically, and by way of example, but not limited to, through the following specific functionalities of our products and/or services: Fun Face, Camera, Calls, and Voice Recognition prototype).
C. Messages. We collect and process the information you provide, including any Personal Information, in the context of composing, sending, or receiving messages through our Company’s messaging function and we may collect information about your use of our Services. This includes testimonials, which may contain Personal Information.
D. Customer Support. We collect all information that you provide to us, including any Personal Information when you contact us for customer support purposes.
E. Location Data. Once you register to the Lingokids app we may collect and process information about your location. This location information is being collected based on your IP address and is restricted to the name of your city. Lingokids is not using other technologies to determine your location (we do not use GPS, or other sensors). We do not collect location information about your exact whereabouts (i.e. name of the street or accurate address). When we have location information, we may use it to optimize our Services for you and others, allowing us to customize our website, understand and improve the services and develop new products, services, or features.
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
Speed up your searches.
- Speed up your searches. Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters placed on the hard drive of your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use information collected from you to:
Provide, administer, and facilitate your use of our Services, including to display customized content; process or fulfill your request(s) and/or order(s) for products, services, information or features, including the use of specific functionalities of our products and/or services (by way of example, and not as a limitation, Fun Face, Camera, Calls, and Voice Recognition prototype); display consumer surveys, communicate with you concerning your account by:
Responding to your questions or concerns;
Emailing you information or providing in-app messages about your rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, which you can opt-out of at any time; Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the “options” or “settings” page for the mobile application.
Understand and improve the services and develop new products, services or features;
Enable user-to-user communication and interaction;
Manage your account preferences, establish your profile and registration information;
Facilitate the technical functioning of our Services, including without limitation to troubleshoot and resolve issues, secure the Services, and prevent fraud and abuse;
Respond to customer support questions and issues and resolve disputes;
Create, review, analyze and share technical information;
Analyze trends and user traffic, track purchases and usage information;
Advertise our Services on third-party websites or mobile applications;
Market, process or fulfill promotions administered or sponsored by us;
Solicit feedback from users; As required or permitted by law; As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Services; Identify unique users across devices; or Tailor advertisements across devices.
Aggregate Data. We may de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Service and use it for any lawful purpose.
Child User Information. Information collected from Child Users may be used:
To measure a Child User’s performance in activities including their use of specific functionalities of our products and/or services (by way of example, and not as a limitation, Fun Face, Camera, Calls, and Voice Recognition prototype), and to adapt a Child User’s learning experience to the Child User’s learning needs.
To analyze, provide progress reports on, or provide an assessment of a Child User’s performance.
Information collected from Child Users is never used to market to Child Users. Specifically, Personal Information collected from Child Users will never be used to serve targeted advertising, to build behavioral marketing profiles, or be shared with independent third parties for marketing purposes.
Both Adult and Child User Information. Information collected from both Adult and Child Users may be used:
- To allow us to assess and improve the Services, its educational content, and other services we provide, including the use of specific functionalities of our products and/or services (by way of example, and not as a limitation, Fun Face, Camera, Calls, and Voice Recognition prototype). For example, to improve our content and user experience; to research, evaluate, and improve the Services’ educational efficacy; and to inform our understanding of the Services’ user base.
- To customize, adapt, and personalize users’ viewing and content-consumption experience, for example by measuring a Child User’s performance in activities and adapting the Child User’s learning path to his or her learning needs. To maintain and analyze the functioning of the Services.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to detect violations of and enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, including the security of the Services; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Online Forums. If you post information in a Company forum, that information may be viewed by any Site Visitor or Registered User who accesses the forum.
Third-Party Business Partners, Service Providers, Contractors or Agents. We may share your information with third-party companies that perform services on our behalf, including for payment processing, order fulfillment, video conferencing, scheduling, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, services that process and administer consumer surveys, and customer services and support. We may also share your information with third-party companies that we partner with to provide certain services to you in connection with the Services. Those partners’ collection and use of information are subject to their privacy policies and other terms. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements.
Analytics and Data Enrichment Services. We use third-party analytics to help understand your usage of our Services and to improve our Services. We may provide your contact information, registration information, technical information, usage data, or de-identified data or to data enrichment services, which match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. The Services may allow you to opt-in to receive communications from third parties. If you give us your permission to share your Personal Information with such third parties, then you may receive communications from such third parties and you are solely responsible for your engagement with such third parties.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosure. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information or other account information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
With relation to tThe Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) we do not collect any information from children and therefore no verifiable parental consent is needed. The only information we collect is from parents.
Children can access some parts of our website and its content and use some of its features without providing us with Personal Information. However, most content and features of the Services are available only to adult registered accounts and require us to collect certain information, including Personal Information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users when they visit or use the website.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in the educational activity in our Services, and we do not condition his or her participation in the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the website and use certain features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services
- Information that identifies a device’s location (city and country).
We may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with Personal Information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology and other non-personal information we collect to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our customer size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information. We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s Personal Information other than as described in this section:
- If a Parent opts to share content from the app (e.g. Achievements) we will provide the content via shareable links with secure tokens.
- We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual. In addition, we may disclose children’s Personal Information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our website or Services and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal processes, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others, including to protect the safety of a child; protect the safety and security of the website or Services; or enable us to take precautions against liability.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information. At any time, you may review the child’s Personal Information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the Personal Information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s Personal Information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s Personal Information by sending us a request here: https://help.lingokids.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
An Adult User can review or change the information they provided when registering for the Services, including by adding or removing Child Users to the Account, by updating information through the Parent Section of the Services by emailing Company support. In addition, at any time, Users may contact us to request that we provide for their review, or delete from our records, any Personal Information they have provided about Child Users associated with their Account, or to cease collecting Personal Information from those Child Users, as applicable. Please keep in mind that a request to delete Personal Information may lead to the cancellation of your Account.
When we change or delete any Personal Information at your request, we will make good faith efforts to make the changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Changing setting options may not result in immediate changes to the settings, which are subject to our operations and maintenance schedules.
In certain sections of the Services, we may include links to external websites or applications (for example, Facebook and Twitter). However, in order to protect children from accessing these external websites, an Adult User will be required to enter a valid password or answer a security question. These websites and applications are governed by their own privacy policies or information collection practices, which may be substantially different from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and information collection practices of those linked websites and apps, as those parties’ practices are not subject to this policy.
We store information about users on servers primarily located in the United States and we may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. If you are accessing our Services from outside of the United States, please know the data and personal information you submit may be transferred to and stored on servers in the United States or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the United States and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our Services, you consent to the transfer, storing and processing of your data in and to the United States and other countries where we may choose to store data.
California residents have the right to receive, once a year from us: a) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) your Personal Information for that company’s direct marketing purposes, and b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to us at https://help.lingokids.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with “Request for California Privacy Information” as the subject line and in the body of your message. Only information required to be disclosed by law will be included in our response.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. It is enforceable since 25 May 2018. The GDPR replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive.
10.1. Controller identification
We inform you that the provided data, will be processed by Monkimun Inc. with registered office in 427 N Tatnall St #42597 Wilmington, Delaware 19801-2230 USA, (hereinafter as the “Controller”) with the following purposes: You can contact the Controller through the following URL: https://help.lingokids.com/hc.
10.3. Lawfulness of processing
The legal basis for data processing is the user’s consent to it. This consent is requested through Controller’s forms during the registration – web or app.
10.4. International transfer
We store information about users on servers primarily located in the United States and we may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. If you are accessing our Services from outside of the United States, please know the data and personal information you submit may be transferred to and stored on servers in the United States or other countries.
10.5 Service Providers
Monkimun Inc. uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to our services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We hold Data Processing Agreements (DPA) in place with all the third-party services, that guarantee that adequate safeguards are put in place with respect to the protection of such Personal Data as required by EU’s GDPR Data Protection policies. We do not sell personal information to third parties.
10.6 Your Rights
The people who provide us with any personal data have the following rights:
- a. Right of access: The data subjects shall have the right to obtain from the Controller confirmation that their data are processed properly and they shall have the right to access their personal data.
- b. Right to rectification of information: The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning his or her.
- c. Right to erasure (to be forgotten): The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her.
- d. Right to restriction of processing: The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- 1. the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- 2. the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- 3. the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- e. Right to data portability: The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided. Please have in mind that this right will not be enforceable to:
- The third parties’ data that you have provided to the Controller.
- The data that concern you, but have been provided to the Controller by third parties.
- f. Right to object: The data subject shall have the right to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her. You shall be able to object to the commercial communications submitting. You can exercise this right by sending us a webform https://help.lingokids.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and clearly express the right you want to exercise.
At Monkimun Inc. we are committed to taking data protection very seriously Check the Spanish Data Protection Agency website for more details about your rights. Additionally, we inform you about the possibility to make a claim before the competent control authority if you believe that your exercise of your rights was not satisfactory enough: the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (C/ Jorge Juan, 6. 28001 – Madrid. Contact +34 901 100 099). More info at http://www.agpd.es/.
Mailing address: Monkimun Inc 427 N Tatnall St #42597 Wilmington, Delaware 19801-2230 USA,
Attention: Legal Department
Telephone: +34 914 51 13 43
Submit a request: https://help.lingokids.com/hc/en-us/requests/new