What do you want to be when you grow up? A dancer? An astronaut? A rock star? We’ve heard this question before. But, how can we help children unlock their individual superpowers for a successful and bright future? That’s where we come in. We are thrilled to introduce our NEW Lingokids podcast for kids: Growin’ Up!
Growin’ Up is a weekly podcast series hosted by MIT engineer and science communicator, Emily Calandrelli. The podcast introduces kids to different types of professionals to help them understand what it takes to achieve their dreams of becoming… whatever they want to be!
What Is the Lingokids Growin’ Up Podcast About? 🎙️
Each podcast episode takes listeners on an exciting adventure! From outer space to schools to organic farms, there’s a topic for every child’s interest. The episodes are a blend of real-life interviews and scripted stories with our fantastic host.
Children will hear from actors, musicians, teachers, scientists, veterinarians, chefs, and more!
Who Is the Growin’ Up Podcast For? 🤸🏽
The Lingokids Growin’ Up podcast is designed to empower kids who are 5-8 years old. Older children will enjoy discovering more about the topics they’re curious about and exploring their interests through stories and interviews with modern-day role models.
That said, parents and caregivers will also enjoy listening to the Growin’ Up podcast along with their kids. It’s a great way to start conversations about children’s interests and dreams.
What Can Listeners Expect From the Growin’ Up Podcast? 💥
Podcasts have been steadily growing in terms of popularity, diversity, and creativity. We wanted to make the Lingokids Growin’ Up podcast a unique experience for kids. A podcast that is interesting to modern-day children, educational, and funny!
Here’s what listeners can expect:
- Explore the adult world by hearing from professionals who are video game designers, doctors, singers, police officers, and more.
- Find answers to tricky questions like “How do the police find criminals?” or “How can you become an actor if you’re shy?”
- Discover interesting facts about the arts, the history of professional fields, and more.
- Stories that spark important conversations with kids.
- Learn from our host, Emily, who is an award-winning leader in the science and childhood education field!
About Our Host 🚀
Each week, Emily will be joined by two kid assistants to talk with people from all over the world about their dream jobs!
Benefits of Podcasts for Kids ✨
One of the most exciting things about technology is that it enriches opportunities for learning! Podcasts offer screen-free stimulation for our children’s developing minds.
Here are a few benefits of listening to podcasts with older kids:
- Supports active listening skills
- Enhances imagination and creativity
- Improves vocabulary acquisition
- Fosters communication skills
- Quenches kids’ curiosity and wonder about the world
Whether you’re on a road trip, cleaning up around the house, or looking for a screen-free activity, this podcast is your family’s answer.
Join Lingokids Growin’ Up Podcast for Free 💙
Trust us. Both you and your child will love the captivating experiences that await with the Lingokids Growin’ Up podcast. Interested in learning more about Lingokids? Download the app and check out our YouTube channels. Let us know how much your child enjoys listening to the Growin’ Up podcast by tagging us on social media!