1. Cookies with shapes ? – Cooking with your children is probably your favorite type of mess in the kitchen! Get the cookie dough ready and make cookies in all different shapes. As you make a cookie in certain shape, repeat the shape’s name. Who doesn’t love learning while making sweets?
2. Shape sort ? – Make big shapes (circle, square, triangle and rectangle) on the carpet with a duct tape. Take a box and put various items from the house with those shapes and have your child sort them in the corresponding shapes on the floor.
3. Fishing for shapes ? – Cut out fish forms from colorful paper and draw different shapes on them. Take a stick tie a string on it and in the string tie a piece of magnet and have your little ones start ”fishing”. When they get a fish they should say the shape that’s on it.
4. Educational app ? – Download an app that has many games to learn English. Lingokids is the perfect app for preschool children learning English.
5. Books – There are many books that would help your child learn the shapes. Some of our favorites include: ”Color Zoo” by Lois Ehlert, ”Shapes, Shapes, Shapes” by Tana Hoban, ”Circus Shapes” by Stuart J. Murphy and Edward Miller. We have previously shared some tips about how to teach a child to read in English, so these books are the perfect excuse to work on the reading skills too.
6. Walk on shapes ? – Draw big shapes on a big art paper and tape it to the floor. Get your child to walk from the beginning to the end only stepping on a particular shape.
7. Cloud shapes ☁ – It’s summer and we love spending time outdoors. While resting from running around, look at the clouds and let your child say what shapes do the clouds have.
Video to learn Shapes names
You might also like: Tips to learn the animals in english for kids