It takes a village to raise a child. From medical appointments and navigating attachments to building rewards systems, there is a lot of pressure on parents to do it all.
We know that being a parent can be challenging, especially when it comes to understanding and supporting your child’s emotional and mental health.
That’s why we’ve invited Dr. Diana Barrett, a child psychologist, to join us in a live Q&A and share her expertise with you.
Click here to submit your questions for Dr. Barrett to address in the live Q&A.
To join the session on May 15, click on this link.
Meet Dr. Barrett
Dr. Barrett completed her postdoctoral fellowship at Stanford Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She has been with the Abbey Neuropsychology Clinic in California for 15 years, where she is currently the Director of Neuropsychological Assessment and sits on the executive team.
She specializes in non-medication-based interventions for developmental delays, learning disorders, autism spectrum disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, and mood disorders.
Submit questions about child-raising
There’s no question that parenting is full of questions! Lingokids and Dr. Barrett are here for you. Dr. Barrett can answer questions on topics related to child psychology.
Here are a few examples:
- How do I know if my child has autism or ADHD?
- How can schools accommodate my child’s special needs?
- How can I build an effective rewards system at home?
- How can I teach my child reflective listening and validation?
- What are the basics of Pivotal Response Training for children on the autism spectrum?
- What is a nonverbal learning difference?
- How can I establish a secure attachment with my child?
- Are there tips I can do at home to support my child’s executive functioning?
- What is Working Memory, and why is it important?
Click here to submit your questions for Dr. Barrett to address in the live Q&A. We encourage you to send your questions in advance so that she can tailor her responses to your needs.
We hope to see you on Monday, May 15 at 7:00 pm Pacific Time! Click here to join the YouTube Live.
More about Lingokids
The Lingokids universe provides original, award-winning, interactive content for kids, transforming how kids can learn. Lingokids creates games, songs, podcasts, videos, and activities that blend educational subjects with modern life skills to spark curiosity, imagination, and success in school—and beyond!
Note: Please do not include any personal information about the identity of your child, such as name, location, or other determining characteristics.