Discover a great selection of children’s songs to learn English. Your kids will pick up new words while having fun singing and dancing. All the songs are related to a specific topic such as numbers, shapes, colors or body parts, and the lyrics are quite simple so kids will be able to learn them and sing along.
One way to make English learning fun for kids is to introduce English through different media. A song is an excellent way for kids (as well as adults!) to learn common phrases, grammatical structures, and vocabulary without even realizing it!
To help you in your language learning adventure, we’ve compiled some tips
– Keep it fun: If you are just beginning to listen to music in English, introduce it casually, without pressuring your children to pay attention or sing along. Choose fun, silly songs that your children will engage naturally.
– Singing in the car: Car rides are one of the best times to listen to English music. Sing “Wheels on the Bus” as you drive around town. Is it raining? Sing “Cowy’s Rainbow Colors Song“ and search for rainbows while learning the colors.
– Watch sing-alongs with lyrics: Look for popular nursery rhymes collections from your family’s favorite movies. Even if your child cannot yet read, children still absorb the printed words and build a meaningful foundation for literacy. Subscribe to our Lingokids Youtube Channel to find playlists and extended song compilations from Lingokids with lyrics!
– Incorporate songs into daily routines: Sing songs around the house as you get dressed, brush your teeth, clean up toys, or prepare meals in the kitchen. The “Clean-Up Song” is an all-time favorite to encourage tidying up while having fun!
– Get creative: Especially when you first start singing English, you will make mistakes. Use that to your advantage! If you confuse lyrics or song meanings, go ahead and create your own special renditions just for your family. Most importantly have fun!